Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Grandma's No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


I have made a lot of No Bakes as I have my own recipe that I received in school from my Home-Ec class as we were taught to make the ones that the lunch ladies made for the school lunches, and though they are very good, they are not as good as these cookies are that grandma made for us kids when we were young. These are awesome!
I love the coconut in these cookies as it makes them so distinctive. I have never seen any other recipe that calls for coconut, and when I talk to other people they have never heard of using coconut in these cookies. Truly delicious.
Grandma used to make these the day before any holiday such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and even The 4th of July....She knew we loved these cookies.
Aunt Cathy has often made these for me, and I have made her the banana bread~a nice trade for the both of us! I don't make these very often because I will eat them!

Grandma's No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 Tbls. cocoa
1/2 cup coconut (optional)
1 stick butter
3 cups oatmeal
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a rolling boil, and boil one minute. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter, oats, vanilla, and coconut. Drop by Tbls. onto waxed paper. Cool one hour to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment