Friday, June 8, 2012

Delicious No-Bake Cheesecake


                                                                   
I got this recipe from an acquaintance around 10 years or so ago. It was so easy and delicious. I just made a couple of these for two of my grandkids' graduation parties and came back home with empty pans as they were wiped out. I made one with a canned cherry pie filling, and the other with fresh, sliced strawberries. I often make one of these to keep in the freezer so I can pull it out and have an instant dessert. The topping can be added once it is thawed some at room temp.

Delicious No-Bake Cheesecake

For the crust:
2 pkgs. graham crackers (2 out of 3 in 1 box)
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted
6 Tbls. powdered sugar

Crush graham crackers or run through a food processor to make into crumbs. Combine with melted butter and powdered sugar. Pat evenly into a 13" x 9" pan; set aside.

For the Filling:
2 pkgs. (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temp
1 cup powdered sugar
8 ounces whipped cream*

Beat cheese with sugar till smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly over the graham cracker crust. Cover well and freeze for 2-8 hours. Allow to sit out for 30-60 minutes to thaw.Spread choice of pie filling or real fruit filling over top. Serve.

For the Topping:
Use any canned pie filling you prefer, or use fresh fruits in season and sweeten with a bit of sugar, if needed, or make a fruit glaze to mix with fruit. This can also be left plain for a plain cheesecake.

Tips:
*The original called for 8 ounces of Cool Whip, but I like to use real whipped cream that you can
   make yourself or buy already made
*You can freeze this for up to 2 months in the freezer, just wait to add any topping when thawed
   and ready to serve.
*For the strawberries I put on my cheesecake and got rave reviews, all I did was to wash and slice up
  a pound of fresh strawberries, added a bit of sugar (maybe 1/4 cup) and allowed them to sit to make
  a syrup. Then I spread the strawberries with the syrup evenly over the cheesecake and it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment